In this Section
MEDICAL DERMATOLOGY SERVICES
Medical dermatology services diagnose, treat and prevent disease for medical dermatology conditions affecting the skin, hair, scalp, lips and mouth, nails or genitals.
Dermatopathology services diagnose diseases that affect the skin, hair and nails by removing a sample and examining the sample with a microscope.
Surgical dermatology services treat diseases that affect the skin, hair, and nails by using a surgical procedure such as injection or laser.
Medical Dermatology services include but are not limited to:
- Dermatology consultation
- Diagnosis and treatments of skin redness, rashes and allergies
- Treatment and management of acne, rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, warts and verrucae, as well as skin infections, psoriasis, vitiligo and abnormal pigmentation
- Skin checking – moles and mole mapping
- Skin cancer: treatment and advice
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- Mohs microscopic surgery for skin cancer
- Management of drug and allergy induced skin eruptions
- Skin cryotherapy and laser for removal of moles, cysts, warts, skin tags, cherry angiomas, telangectasias and other benign skin lesions
- Laser surgery for acne, rosacea, vascular lesions, pigmentation and scarring
- Allergy testing
- Nail treatment
- Hair loss treatment (alopecia areata and androgenetic alopecia)
- Herpes simplex and genital warts